Saturday, January 15, 2011

Vegan cupcakes


(My helper giving them a try)
I am so grateful that we do not have food allergies in our household, I can not imagine living without peanuts, eggs, dairy...
This said, we do have friends who live with food allergies. With Iz's birthday coming up, I want to make sure that every child gets to eat some cake or at least a cupcake, and since she has a little friend who is allergic to eggs, I decided to try some egg-less cupcakes. They are actually really tasty! And so simple to make.
Vegan cupcake Recipe
1 T Apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 cups Almond Milk
2 cups all-purpose Flour
1 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons Baking powder
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 cup Coconut oil (I didn't have this so just used Canola oil)
1 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Measure vinegar into a 2 cup measuring cup. Fill with milk to make 1 1/2 cups. Let stand until curdled. In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. Whisk together milk mixture, oil and vanilla. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until just blended. Spoon into lined muffin pans. Bake 15-20 minutes.
They didn't rise quite as much as I am used to, but as I said really tasty. Now I just need to figure out a good frosting...this batch I just covered with a simple chocolate ganache, and the girls are enjoying them.







No comments:

Post a Comment